THE ARCHIVES OF THE CENTRE
The photographic archives have been donated by the creator of the Centre, Dr Sophocles Sophocleous. They consist of several thousands of documents in the form of photos and slides.They are being digitalised so that they can be at the disposal of scholars and students.
THE DOCUMENTATION FOR
THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION
This archive is substantially digitalised and includes written and photographic documentation concerning the conservation of art works, especially iconostases, icons, murals, archaeological objects and religious art works from the Byzantine and Post-Byzantine heritage of Cyprus.
A volume of more than 700 pages is being prepared in which the most prominent archaeological objects, iconostases, icons and other artefacts conserved by the Centre will be published.
THE DOCUMENTATION FOR THE
ARCHITECTURAL AND LANDSCAPING DEPARTMENT
This archive consists of architectural records of archaeological sites and monuments, the written and photographic documentation on restorations of monuments, the plans of the museums created by the Centre, plans of landscapings and records of iconostases.
This archive includes among others:
The architectural record of the Church of Panagia Katholiki at Pelendri, around 1500.
The record of the iconastasis of Panagia Katholiki at Pelendri, around 1500.
The record of the iconostasis of the former church of St John the Baptist at Prodromos village, late 18th – early 19th century, restored by the Centre of Cultural Heritage with a grant from the Anastasios G. Leventis Foundation in 1997-1998.
The plans for the Treasury of St Theodore at Lemithou village.
The record and landscaping of the archaeological site EPTA AI GORGIDES at Geroskip
THE RECORD OF THE
BYZANTINE AND POST-BYZANTINE HERITAGE OF THE DIOCESE OF LIMASSOL
This record consists of the heritage of more than 100 villages, 5 municipalities, and that of more than 30 monasteries (functioning or abandoned).
THE RECORD OF THE OLD ICONS OF THE DIOCESE OF LIMASSOL
This record consists of the icons of this area (more than 100 villages, 5 municipalities and several monasteries) from the 12th to the 16th century.A total of around 250 icons have been published as the PhD thesis of Dr Sophocles Sophocleous.
THE RECORD OF THE PALAICHORI ECCLESIASTICAL HERITAGE.
DOCUMENTED IN 1992-1993
This record consists of the Byzantine and post-Byzantine heritage of Palaichori, divided into two villages, Palaichori Morphou and Palaichori Orinis. Palaichori has preserved three 16th century painted churches with rich old furnishing (iconostases, icons, sacred objects and relics, old books and manuscripts, engravings, paintings on canvas and leather).A volume of almost 200 pages, lavishly illustrated in colour, has been produced by the Centre of Cultural Heritage for the Community of Palaichori through the donation of Anastasios G. Leventis Foundation in 2002.
THE RECORD OF THE HERITAGE OF SEVERAL COMMUNITIES
WHERE THE CENTRE HAS OFFERED ITS CONSULTANCIES
See chapter EXPERT STUDIES AND CONSULTANCIES